Friday, November 23, 2007

SG5


I made a couple of quick adjustments on this last night. Still has a long way to go. I don't like how much space the rocket is taking up, but we'll see how it works out. I am trying to have this finished for you by the time I leave next Thursday. I could always travel with it and work on it until I see you, but I am already traveling with a three year old and would prefer not to deal with it. Like I said, we'll see how it works out. I want you to be happy with the final product.

I was having a hard time making the monkey look happy, because I felt like he was going into space to die. But as someone pointed out, "Does the monkey know that?" I changed the monkey obviously. No details there yet. Also, you will notice... the planet cookie.

A sixteen year old girl in the UK contacted me through my gallery, and wanted to do kind of an interview. She was doing an essay for an art program and the theme was "wraps". She came upon an old crappy painting I did of russian nesting dolls. She thought she could work it into the theme. It was interesting to answer questions. I like interviews. Of course, I am not being stalked by people asking me the same questions and having my privacy totally shredded. Not likely I will ever let that happen.

I have been reading poetry too, and getting ready to leave.