Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Madonna and other things.



This is a 5'X5' madonna that I started over the weekend. First layer. Acrylic on canvas.

I have been commissioned to do two more pieces. One is a smaller more whimsical piece incorporating some interesting things like apes, moses, cakes, ballerinas and rocket ships. The second piece I have been commissioned to do will be a mammoth in size. The buyer wants the largest canvas I can feasibly work on. I won't be able to start it until I have the supplies. Maybe 7x18 feet. And its a dismal sort of work, but energetic. I look forward to starting on it. I haven't posted anything for the first commissioned piece yet, because I don't want the buyer to be freaked out by the first stage. I will post it later.

Not too much else to say here. Life is fucked up. We have gotten alot of snowfall here on the island.